Monday, October 1, 2012

The Devil's Rejects Nails - Day 1 This Is Halloween Challenge

I am participating in my first nail blog challenge.  I love Halloween and while looking for an October challenge I found the "This is Halloween" Nail Art Challenge started by Bec @ Lacquer Dreams.

The challenge for Day 1 is Horror Movies and I chose one of favorite films The Devil's Rejects.

 
 
 
Captain Spaulding is on my thumb, next is the Tutti Fruttie ice cream cone from my favorite family bonding scene in the movie, then the logo over a yellow to orange ombre to replicate the poster art and colors. 
 
The colors used were OPI Alpine Snow matte, Julep Claire, NYC Sidewalkers, Nails Inc. Heathrow matte, OPI Hi, Pumpkin, and OPI Mourning Glory.
 
 

 
 
I have a lot of Halloween nail polishes, so I am going to try to post one a day for the days there is no challenge, but we'll see, since I also start beauty school for manicuring this week!
 


 

5 comments:

  1. I love it. The ice cream cone makes it not so scary ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen this movie, I have a huge crush on Rob Zombie though :blushes:, the ice cream cone is a hilarious touch to a Horror Movie mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The movie is a super intense gorefest, but amazing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally awesome! I love Devil's Rejects so I of course love this mani!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I also do the challenge, please, add me to the list of participants! kisses, my blog is http://manicuradefantasia.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete