Thursday, November 1, 2012

October Birchbox

Here are the contents of my October Birchbox!  I got the Goop box, even though I think I opted out of it.  Goop is the Gwyneth Paltrow lifestyle company, and this month besides the regular Birchbox there was a Goop box option with cherry picked items.  The funny thing is that I didn't really know much about Goop previous to this box (I think I was familiar with the notion of Gwyneth blogging recipes) and even though I am a huge fan of its contents, I have no desire to learn anything else about Goop.  Not sure why, maybe it's the name.

Joanna Vargas Daily Serum is natural and has vitamins A, C and E to combat wrinkles and dark spots.  The Birchbox site says it is like a green juice for your skin, and it really is!  You get a boost and feel the difference right away.  Your skin gets tighter, but moisturized, and brighter in the first use.  It has a nice smell and the sample size is lasting a long time.

 
I love getting a full sized nail polish in my Birchbox!  Here is Essie Carry On, a deep burgundy.  This is very nice and will be great for fall/winter, I didn't swatch this yet (other than on my color wheel), and I do have other colors that are similar or dupes, but there is nothing wrong with a nice cream finish with a good formula.

 
Marie Veronique Organics Body Oil is packed with rose, neroli, avocado, and jojoba oil and is made without any parabens or chemicals.  It is also a pure oil and not mixed with water.  It sinks into skin right away and has a great smell.  Again, this is a sample that is a great size. 
 
 
My last item is a full sized Sprout Cocoa flavored, organic, fair trade lip balm.  It is made of beeswax, cocoa butter and coconut oil and that's it.  This is wonderful and it's just like Mom makes!  Really, my mom makes lip balm and lots of other things, you can see her handmade cards on her blog Score at Four and a Quarter
 
 
 
All the pictures used in this post were taken by my boyfriend, I do not have the patience to shoot all the different product pictures.  He watermarks all of my photos too. 
 
That's it until the November box, which won't be too far away since I waited 'til the last possibly second (and then some) to crank out the rest of these October posts!


No comments:

Post a Comment